• Warm the room for your client as spray can be cold when it first makes contact with skin.
• Place a clean towel on the floor, where you want the client to stand (or a paper towel).
• Set sticky feet, sticky side up, ready for the client to stand on.• Place a second clean towel on the floor, ready for the client to step onto once the spray tan is finished.
• Give your client paper pants and ensure they wear a hair net.
Make the client feel as comfortable as you can. Each client is unique, not everyone is used to striping down in front of a therapist, they may even feel exposed or uneasy. If a client seems uncomfortable:
• Using paper pants - explain they are more than welcome to keep their own pants on but the tan could stain.
• Being undressed - some clients may ask to keep a bra on. Try to reassure them that they are in a secure environment & although you can spray them wearing a bra, the final tan will look better if they took it off.
• Apply barrier cream for client. If they need guidance, show them how to apply the barrier clean to palms of hands, front of hands including nails, top of feet including nails, elbows and knees.
Check the spray tan gun, test that it is working well by spraying a piece of tissue paper.Apply 8%, 10% or 12% Lusso Tan spray tan, remembering to spray face, including ears.
Let your client know about the range of Finishing Touch products available to enhance their t.