Taking A Break From Makeup
Every time I wear a mask it becomes covered in make up! So, I’ve stopped wearing makeup.
Instead I am wearing Lusso Tan Golden Glow Face Mist. It gives you a gorgeous radiant glow, evens skin tone & does not transfer onto face masks, minimising break outs.
2020 has been a tough year, we know. But instead of dwelling on all the missed (Espresso) Martinis with the girls, why not take this opportunity to indulge in some skin gains.
Beyond the fact that no one will see what you're wearing underneath your mask anyway, here are six reasons why skipping make up (or at least foundation) is worth your while.
1. It’s kind of a big beauty trend right now and perhaps the easiest there ever was to pull off.
2. From a science perspective makeup is kind of disgusting. Despite what the labels may suggest, almost any make up you put on your skin is getting into your pores, trapping bacteria and sweat. The more often you wear it the more likely you are to have dull skin, and break outs, where dead skin cells are trapped.
3. Who has the time? Most of us spend anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour every day on makeup. If you only spend 10 minutes a day, you’re still spending 60 hours a year in front of a mirror, applying makeup. And that doesn’t include the time spent topping up or removing.
Be honest. When was the last time you cleaned your makeup brushes?
According to one survey by Huffington Post, only 61% of women are cleaning their makeup brushes once a month. That’s a lot of bacteria being transferred to and from your face on a daily basis.
5. Moisturising multiple times a day. It's no secret that harsh winter weather can wreak havoc on your skin. Bitter cold temperatures and dry air deplete its natural moisture. Going make up free means you can reapply your moisturiser as and when you need. If you're looking for suggestions try a spritz our new moisturising mist throughout the day. Available exclusively in our Face & Hand Kit.
6. YOUR SKIN JUST FEELS BETTER WITHOUT IT. You know that incredible feeling you get when you wash all your makeup off at the end of the day? You could have that feeling all the time if you went makeup free.
If you’re ready to make the switch we recommend adding the face into your usual full body application, both our Rapid Tan Mousse & Self Tan Lotion are face friendly! Top up every other day with Golden Glow and even add some contour.
We posted some tutorials on our instagram this week which you can have a look at here.