Maintaining Your Personal Style Through Winter Lockdown
We’re calling time on the lockdown loungewear, endless days without makeup and the general groundhog day existence by challenging you to a glow up this week. And to help kick things off we’ve called in Style Consultant & friend of Lusso Tan – Samara Prentice to give us some tips on maintaining personal style through winter lockdown. Here's what she had to share.
Staying stylish in lockdown has been no mean feat. It’s all too easy to want to hibernate and hide behind dark colours and baggy loungewear in a bid to conceal those extra covid pounds.
But as our temperatures plummet, along with our mood in lockdown 3.0, it’s important to remember that everything is temporary and brighter days are coming.
I’m a huge advocate of the lifestyle wardrobe and there has never been a better time to delve deep inside your current closet and pull out some preloved gems.
You’ll be surprised at how many key pieces you already have. Ask yourself what key pieces you need to serve your current lifestyle. Items like knitwear, coats and boots work hard in every Winter closet and these can very easily be revamped and restyled year on year to make them feel on trend.
This is also a great opportunity to identify any gaps in your current wardrobe. It means you’ll be more conscious when buying and you can effortlessly curate a wardrobe made up of pieces which you love.
Here’s some key tips to keep you feeling stylish in Winter 2021…
1. Choose a smart coat in a complimentary colour way. This is without a doubt a core investment piece and with the right care, it’ll last for years. It can be dressed up or dressed down with minimal effort all with a change in footwear.
Style note: Opt for a head to toe colour for a polished look.
2.Leather or coated trousers are a great alternative to denim and they are a great way to show off your legs without having to wear a skirt in sub zero temperatures.
Style note: For a fresh take, choose hues of burgundy, green or brown and pair with knitwear and biker boots.
3. Red is the colour of confidence and we need a little boost every so often. Don’t feel overpowered by red, it’s a colour that suits every skintone. The secret is finding your perfect shade.
Style note: You have the power to choose how much red you add into your wardrobe. It could be a red coat (key colour) or as subtle as a red belt (accent colour) the choice is yours.
4. Metallic footwear continues to line our high street, in store and online and it’s not going anywhere for Spring. From western boots to fashion trainers, this is a great way to add interest to an otherwise ordinary outfit.
Style note: Pewter is a great neutral colour
5. Leopard is a neutral, according to some. It can look great paired with camels, corals and brighter blue shades.
Style note: Work in harmony with your body proportions when choosing prints. The smaller your frame, the smaller the print.
6. Stay cosy when you’re working from home and layer, layer, layer. Coatigans are great for this and act as an indoor/outdoor coat especially if you are multitasking right now.
Style note: Reiss, Delicate Love and Hayley Menzies are on pointe right now in the coatigan front.
Be confident enough to wear clothes that express who you really are. What we wear on the outside is a true reflection of how we feel about ourselves in the inside. Let’s make 2021 the year we commit to changing our mindset around dressing and shopping and become more conscious that the choices we are making our serving our lifestyle, our personal style and our budget.